Thursday, August 27, 2009

Juggling for Dollars

I was SO right when I said doing patterns one at a time is not my style...
I have been having a terrific time this month.
I discovered the Free Pattern Testers group on Ravelry, and have three patterns being tested at this point in time; the Wave Baby! blanket (I will be advertising it in September, I think) the Dragon Butt Hat, and the Winged Cropped Cardi (photo of Amanda wearing it, above). I am also working every day on my submission which is now due September 6th (to Anticraft).
The pattern testers are giving some wonderful feedback which will make my patterns stronger and more easily understood. I have also received an offer of help in teaching me to draw a layout for how pattern pieces fit together; crucial for the winged Cardi.
So, I am having a terrific time, bouncing from one project to another as questions from the testers arise, thinking of yet another weird slant to add to the Anticraft submission, and often forgetting to eat until my stomach complains.

5 comments:

AlisonH said...

Oh, that's pretty!

Leslie said...

You go grrly! Love the crop.

Kym said...

Oh, that Winged Cropped Cardi looks Very Cool! I'll be interested in that pattern when it becomes available. :-) (Also, any hat with the name "Dragon Butt" has GOT to be a winner!)

Anonymous said...

What a great resource! I wish I had a designer's brain!

Diana Troldahl said...

If mine ever shows up, send her back (she likes to wander) :-}