Thursday, May 28, 2009

Wave Baby!

One of my greatest joys is designing for Sean, my Godson, as he grows.
At almost 7 months old, everything becomes a chew toy, and I am honored that anything I've made (for him, or for his mom) has become fair game for those gums. :-}
I wanted to make him a summer-weight blanket that would guard against the cool Michigan summer evening breezes, without being too warm.
I also wanted it of a size, strength and flexibility to last into his toddler years.
I think he liked it!
And so my newest pattern for an afghan was born. I've included directions for both baby and adult sizes, and it is live and available on Ravelry and Patternfish for $4.00. :-}

"This lacy summer coverlet is soft as a cloud, and easier than it looks.
Every row is knit, making the fabric of the blanket flow and stretch to the perfect cuddling size
I have given the stitch pattern in both text and graph forms."

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

Cool! And what a cutie!