When we got out of the van in the Eldora Speedway parking lot, it didn't look too promising:
When we made it into the speedway, it looked even less so:
It was no big surprise that they called the race sometime after 2 p.m... MUCH better than the year they waited until 11 p.m. to make the announcement, I'm told. Prelude to the Dream has been postponed until September 9th, because of rain, not only in Ohio, but in Charlotte, North Carolina. Weather kept the planes grounded, and without drivers and crew, racing just doesn't work very well. It was somewhat of a relief, since the temps were in the high 50's and low 60's (fahrenheit) there today. Never before have I been so grateful to wool hat and shawl!
Still, on the way home, I saw a stark and lovely view from the window as Oscar stopped to re-check the map,
We'll be back come September.