Thursday, April 06, 2006

Story Fodder


Its always fascinated me how real-life events can spark some wonderful plots, but the universe threw me a curve ball today. My dog leaves her stuffed squeaky critters out in the yard whenever she manages to sneak one out of the house. Then they get nasty and I leave them there until I can get out there with the grab-extender and clean up...

As I opened the kitchen door to let Kit out to do her business, I inturrupted a husky male squirrel in the process of humping one of the stuffed hedgehogs... His expression was priceless... It was even funnier watching him drag his unresponsive 'girlfriend' to the back corner to try again. I think I'll just let that particular stuffed critter become one with the elements...

The incident will HAVE to live on in one of my stories. I know it will.. what a gift!
I only wish I'd had the camera..

2 comments:

Kirsty said...

OMG!! That was the funniest thing I've ever heard of. Hedgehog was one of Fergie's favorite toys when he was a wee pup, and I can just *see* the squirrel doing the wild thang with one....mwahahaha!

Oh my! Oh My! My sides are aching with laughing!

Moonsinger

Lynx said...

even funnier than when my neighbor's chihuahua tried --repeat, TRIED-- to hump my English shepherd, and my Black Lab. Would have made a fortune with a videotape of those encounters...!!!