Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Busy July!

It has been another busy week!
Since I last posted, I went swimming at the apartment complex pool with my neighbor Diane. It took me three days to recover, but the exercise felt wonderful. Oscar and I will go twice a week, and maybe I can go with Diane again should that fall through.
Oscar has been a busy student. He started his college courses this month, and has already completed three of the classes, to the extent is he just waiting for the official tests to be scheduled.
I am very proud of him.
I had a lovely visit with Mom and Dad almost two weeks ago. I helped Mom sort out some of her Oriental pottery/china/tchotchkes. In return she gifted me with some of the china, as well as a collection of antique photos and postcards! Some of them are still waiting for me to pick them up next time we visit (sometime in August, I hope) but the album I brought home with me has already been fascinating. When Oscar gets the scanner set up, I plan to start creating digital images and sharing them, and also using them for my artsy stuff.
I went for nine days without knitting or crocheting anything. I think that's the longest time I've gone without since I started up again more than 10 years ago.
I managed to get my digital review copies organized with the help of an old-school index card system, and also wrote a few reviews. I have another couple rough-drafted, just waiting for the right morning.
I would have written them this morning, but my combination of fibromyalgia and hormone fluctuations meant last night was a 'white night'. I didn't sleep until after 6:30 a.m. and after Oscar's alarm went off at 9 a.m. I was unable to fall back asleep. I plan to stay up as late as I can today, but will probably be in bed and snoozing before Oscar gets home from work. The upside of this is that I will get plenty of sleep tonight, and likely wake early and be able to polish off some more reviews. :-}
The crafting group is still going, but I have moved the location to my apartment to resolve the ongoing issues of weather meaning I can't take my chair out. A new person is slated to start learning crochet tomorrow. :-}
Today I will sort out a few boxes of things not yet unpacked from our move last year and clear off our dining room table ready for crafting tomorrow.
I hope to finish weaving in ends on some projects today, too, so I can get them photographed and recorded.
I have been knitting for Wool-Aid, as always, but I have also started stockpiling shawls for Sheila's Shawls for the Silent Witness Initiative. I want to finish batches of 25 then donate them to domestic violence shelters in the area. My first husband was abusive when he was under the influence of his self-medication attempts, and I want to help anyone else in that situation.
I am also helping my Sis-In-Love on a super special secret knitting project, which is fun :-}
With the summer half over, I haven't accomplished everything on my list, but I have added swimming back to my life. It was great just to be able to fit into my swimming suit again! I guess even though I haven't lost much weight, my body is still in better shape, which makes me feel pretty good about myself!




4 comments:

Don Meyer said...

Good to hear from you again!
Sounds like you have more projects going than I do. That should keep you out of trouble. Swimming is excellent exercise, as if you needed me to tell you that!

Anonymous said...

Such a wonderful post with great things happening! :)

Ria said...

I love the water! So glad you can swim!!

Congrats to Oscar - glad things are going well for him.

Kym said...

It sounds like you are in a very good place, Diana -- and that is wonderful! I think being in water has so much power! It just feels great - to be in a pool and able to move. Healing and delightful. Enjoy these waning summer days!