Monday, November 08, 2010

Warm Hats and Mittens Campaign

I received an email from Wool-Aid today:

Hats & Mittens are especially needed by the Innu kids of Natuashish and Sheshasuit in Northern Labrador that are served by Warm Hands.
We will be helping both communities in this drive, with an end date of January 30, 2011.
Many kids in these communities need hats and mittens to protect them from the bitter cold, but do not have them. The majority of kids are between the ages of 6 and 12, but hats and mittens for kids up to age 16 are very welcome. These items are distributed by the Directors of Community Health, who use the items as incentives to get young moms to bring their children into the clinic for checkups.
See Wool-Aid's general Guidelines for basic information, but please follow the guidelines detailed for this Hats & Mittens campaign.


I realized it has been too long since I did any knitting above and beyond that for my business.
I have a bag full of skein ends and such, saved for the purpose.

I still feel designing is important as it is the way I contribute most to our household, but surely I can devote an hour or two a week, and see how much I can get done by the January deadline.

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

You're way ahead of me on that one. Well done.