Sunday, November 14, 2010

Knitting Season!

We have had a gorgeous autumn this year, most days sunny, and warm enough to keep the windows open. Today however is gray and cold. Not so good for body surfing, but great for knitting, or as will happen in my case, curling up with a box of good books.
This past week I knit and crocheted despite the sunshine, though. I completed a pair of purple fingerless mitts for niece Breanna, and a long-promised poncho in many colors for niece Bricelyn.
I'm thinking about a hat for nephew Robert, and I think I have shawls for Liz and Amanda (also nieces, and providing me with great-nephew and great niece!) I also have a shawl I think I will give Breanna, she is poor in knitted objects from my needles, and I think I have one that will match the mitts.

No photos of those today, though. Oscar and I are struggling with a virus, and I did too much already over the weekend.
But yesterday I received a box with 10 new books from Freshfiction.com that will provide a perfect cure, and keep me on my butt where I belong today. (I am up to 70 reviews so far).

In Otterwise news, the Gentle shawl has been accepted by Knit Picks, and should go live on their site sometime in the next few weeks. I also submitted my finished Rosie socks (photo above) and am waiting to hear back.
I am busily writing patterns and building charts. I have a cabled cowl in the works, as well as some texture-based socks. Bot today I will take a day off from designing and read as many books as I can :-}

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So productive! Hope you and Oscar kick the virus soon!

AlisonH said...

Oh LOOK at that sock! So cheerful!

Take good care of yourselves!