Monday, April 05, 2010

You Guessed it, Another Prize!

I has been a lovely week here. I woke up this morning feeling better than I have for a long, long time. So good in fact that I got all the paid Ebay auctions packaged in about 2 hours this morning! I will be resting this afternoon, and perhaps working on a few new crocheted shawl patterns that have been bugging me to get done.

No one bid on this really cool book, so I'm tossing it in the Prize pile for the Blogiversary celebration. Here are the deets:

With a mix of convenient materials and an imaginative approach, this creative compendium will appeal to jewelry makers of all levels. Highlighting 25 modern wire, bead, and fiber jewelry designs, the projects include numerous knitting, crocheting, and felting techniques. Materials and tools are also outlined, encouraging the use of basic methods. From knitting copper wire and mixing it with contrasting beads to crocheting linen into fiber hoop earrings or an elegant scarf necklace, this collection will never fail to inspire. Felting techniques are also explored in detail for creating wire-caged beads, wide-cuff bracelets, and rope necklaces. Special sidebars and tip boxes throughout ensure success with every project.


Just comment here with your email, let me know which of the prizes you like best, and for an extra entry, mention something you like or dislike about Otterwise.com, my pattern site. (So far the favorite thing about Otterwise Designs' website seems to be my model and husband, Oscar!) Winners will be announced sometime Thursday this week.
Good luck!

5 comments:

LynnM said...

I think Oscar is a great model, too! I didn't say it this round but I remember mentioning when first encountering your blog and designs: "Who's the Viking?"

Your other models (A. and S.) are also lovely and photogenic, and you also use find beautiful natural objects and backgrounds, like gourds, trees, outdoorsy venues.... Nice displays.

Can I have some soup now?

Kym said...

Oh, so glad I returned in time to enter your contest! I have to agree that Model Oscar is my favorite thing about your Otterwise Designs website! He is just so . . . genuine! And I like that. I also like the font you used. It has a kind of . . . magical feel to it (if that makes any sense! :-)

Leslie said...

Aconite cuz I just like saying it. Like this prize too...

JaM said...

I've been a fan of your imagery for a while and an admirer of the spirit and earthiness that you share via your written words. Now Otterwise Designs reveals your continual development and I applaud you. Your optimism shines all the way to my home in the Australian bush and lifts my heart. Good on you.

AlisonH said...

I love the Alison bag--just sayin'... ...I really, really do. Thank you so much for it! I love the colors, I love how it exactly perfectly fits my laptop, I love that you designed it, I love that you made it, I love that you are always motivated by love itself--thank you!

I've seen Romi wearing some of the jewelry that's in that book. Seriously cool stuff.