Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Adventures in Knitting

Monday I spent all the day knitting away at a hat pattern. I created the pattern earlier this year, designing as I knit a hat for my brother Kenny out of different yarn. I created the chart and wrote the directions this past weekend. All that was left to do was knit a new hat.
So I knit all the day long, from 10 a.m. until 8 p.m. with a short break for lunch. I blocked the hat and my hope was to photograph Oscar wearing it and polish the pattern on Tuesday. Then I could submit it via mail and email today. (I was able to mail off two different patterns today anyway!)
But the hat, it was too big, and too sloppy, and I found an ugly mistake, and I ended up frogging the whole thing on Tuesday.
I skeined the yarn, soaked it, then hung it to remove all the kinks, and I am knitting it again today with smaller needles.
It was slightly frustrating Tuesday morning, but honestly, this yarn feels so incredibly luscious on my fingers that knitting it again is not really an onerous task. The yarn is Andean Silk by Knit Picks; a blend of 55% superfine alpaca, 23% silk and 22%merino wool. Yummiluscious.

5 comments:

Kym said...

Gosh, I hate it when stuff like that happens! Good thing it's delightful yarn. . .

Anonymous said...

can't wait to see it!

AlisonH said...

It'll be gorgeous when it's all done, and meantime, lovely yarn is lovely yarn.

Leslie said...

Ppph, don't you hate when that happens, but I am sure it will be fabulous like Erin's little hat is.

Lynx said...

yeah, diana, sure we all believe that you didn't like how the hat turned out. no one even *remotely suspects* that you just wanted to play with the yummy yarn more! ;-)