Sunday, October 04, 2009

Medicine Soup Time

The cold and flu season (triggered by kids returning to school, exchanging all their germs, and their parents passing it around to coworkers) is ramping up.
Wee Sean is sick, but he's a tough little guy and is fighting it off.
Amanda just got over a cold. Turns out I had the flu the end of last week. I thought it was just allergies, weather aches, and a continuation of the minor fever I've had for months but now Oscar has the same symptoms. I am the canary in the coal mine. What usually happens is Oscar brings something home, I get sick right away, he gets it a few days later, then as he gets better, I get a second, worse wave of it.
I made an hermongous vat of medicine soup. This time, I added some mustard, and you know what? it works even better. It really cleared his chest after just one bowl. And it still tasted pretty good, too.
I made enough to have some in the freezer for the months to come.

I have a doctor appointment Wednesday, good timing.

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

Get better, everybody!