Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Blah Day, Geeky knitting stuff, and a gratuitous photo

The weather is sensing the end of summer, I think. It's not that much cooler, but the rains and storms are more frequent. The aches and pains they bring with them make me grumpy sometimes.
Another grump-making thing; I have run into a snag with the pattern I'm building for the September 1st submission. I made a chart using an Open Office spreadsheet, and after indicating grid lines are to be printed, I was able to copy and paste into an adobe photo shop document with grid lines intact. Voila, a chart.
The first time.
I spied a numerical mistake and went back to fix it, and now, no matter what I do, the grid lines will not print. I think I saved it as an excel file after the first image was created, and ruined the core graphics file. Back to the drawing board. At least I had only one of the charts done. And the knitting bit has only one more part to test and the non-graphics part of the pattern is finished.
The big problem is I think I can make the image on that first chart better, and I've already knit a sample. If I redo the image bit and not just the number bit, it would mean today was essentially wasted, Otterwise Designs-wise. Of course if I don't do the best job I can and remake it from scratch, that pattern would forever bug me.
*sigh*
So now that I've shared my depression, here's a picture to cheer us up:


8 comments:

Lynx said...

SNUGGLES!

him be ***so*** cute. are you sure you aren't biologically related?

mar3509 said...

if this was an excel file, the lines and columns are controlled by the way you print the page out. There is an option to include lines and columns.

Good luck!

Anonymous said...

sorry for the frustration!!!

martine said...

People need to stop doing this, i am broody enough as it is:-)
thanks for sharing
much love Martine

Diana Troldahl said...

LOL Martine :-}
I LOVE being a Godmother :-}

Heather Leavers said...

geeky knitting rules! my daughter found a book for me last week - it's a murder mystery *with knitting*. Bizarre - it even has a free pattern at the end.

Diana Troldahl said...

Thank Mar, I hope it works the next time :-}

Diana Troldahl said...

Oohhh Niftyknits, what's the title???
I love cozy mysteries!