Thursday, April 09, 2009

Wee thing for me

When Oscar is home, it is impossible for me to focus enough to work on my patterns, so I tend to use the time to try other people's patterns out, often for Sean, or Amanda, or Oscar, but this time for me.
I found a sweet little coin purse pattern HERE which had the added attraction of the challenge of translating it from British crochet terminology to U.S. terminology.
I used some left over Noro Silk Garden (I love the colors) and my new ergonomic crochet hooks, which really do help my hands keep from cramping.
It is the perfect size to carry my drivers license, a credit card, and some cash. I decided it would be most useful if I could hang it around my neck when using the wheelchair at conventions and concerts and such, but the yarn I chose for the body was a little too scratchy for my hyper sensitive neck. I happened to have the perfect 100% silk hand painted yarn in my scrap bag. It matches incredibly well, and is super soft to the touch. I also used a crystal drop bead instead of a button, which makes it look more like jewelry.
I may make more of these, they would make fast and fun little gifts. ( maybe just as coin purses, that's a lot of icord to knit otherwise :-}

4 comments:

Lutrah's Ocean Alter said...

Oh,
You know I love the colors!
What a cute bag....
I may have to check out the pattern and see if I can manage it...If not I may come asking for a bit of help....
Very purtty....

Leslie said...

Oh, that is lovely. Noro really does come in some great colourways, now if I only crocheted..

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is one darn gorgeous little bag! I do think around the neck is a great idea while using the chair!
-Marietta

AlisonH said...

Oh, that's cool! And the colors are absolutely scrumptious.