-This year's contest is similar, but with different items, and differing amounts.
Here are the details:
- We had so much fun with last year’s project we decided to do another! This year we’re focusing on larger sizes for kids ages 10 through 16 -- “10 for 10 by 2010”
- The 10 for 10 by 2010 contest will run from January 1, 2009 through November 30, 2009, and will include pieces received during that time.
- Every knitter who submits 10 qualifying pieces during the contest period will win a prize. One prize per person, please.
- For purposes of this contest, qualifying pieces include: sweaters and pairs of socks that would fit a child ten years old or older.
- Of the 10 pieces, at least 3 need to be sweaters. Please use this chart for sweater sizes: http://www.yarnstandards.com/childsize.html. Remember, sweaters need to provide full coverage and closure. Socks need to measure at least 10” from the back of the heel to the tip of the toe. (edited to add: and 10 inches from the bottom (sole) of the heel to the top of the cuff, per the Warm Woolies Ravelry group. O. W.)
- Select your own patterns, just follow the "Guidelines for Knitters"and read over the "Quality Control Information".
- Some free sweater patterns and sock patterns to consider are posted on the Free Pattern Page.
- Prizes will consist of brand new knitting supplies such as needles, yarn, books, patterns, and accessories. The approximate retail value of each prize will be $100. Warm Woolies will select prizes at its sole discretion and will mail prizes to winners.
- You must have a U.S. mailing address to participate.
- Good luck and have fun!
Mail finished pieces to
5572 E. Mansfield Ave.
Denver, CO 80237
GOOD LUCK and THANK YOU FOR PARTICIPATING!
If you don't knit, they would be very glad of even a small donation to help with the cost of shipping these items where they are most needed.
MORE INFO ON HOW TO HELP