I finished another family knit today, this time for my niece, Maddie.
I used the Striped Baby Beret pattern created by Stacy Mar, with just a few adjustments.
I needed a slightly larger size, so I used US #8 (5 mm ) needles. I also wanted a sharper crease, so I added a line of purl stitches between the increases and decreases of her pattern.
Mine was very easy, especially as I used only one yarn, instead of striping with two. I hope Maddie likes it, After I finish the knitting for her dad, mom amd sister, I'll box it up to mail :-} Conveniently, I have a child-sized head, so I was able to model it for the camera. Note the cute little nubbin on top!