Saturday, December 27, 2008

Oscar Day

Oscar's work schedule has been crazy lately. The office restructured to be open only 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. on the holidays, and so many people asked for time off, that those, like Oscar willing to work overtime had to adjust to getting up around 4 hours earlier than they are used to.
The good parts are A: He has a job he doesn't hate and B: It's been lovely to have supper together so often.
The bad parts are I over did it making said suppers, and he has been tired every day.
Today is his only day off in this period of 12 days, so we designated it Oscar day. Unfortunately, I think he's too tired to enjoy it. I know he had stuff he wanted to get done around the house (and in fact, he is out grocery shopping for us, even though I know he doesn't really want to be outside), but mostly he only had energy enough to sit and watch tv.
Unfortunately, bed time will be early, in about 3 hours, as he needs to get up at 6 and work a 12-hour shift Sunday and Monday. Tuesday and Wednesday I think he works his regular shifts, then he has the luxury of three days off in a row.
I think those should be Oscar days. too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He's got the happy Santa look about him. Tell him I said thank you for taking such good care of you!