Thursday, December 27, 2007

long haul

It's endurance season.
Now that the days are lengthening again, it's countdown time.
We wait for the snow to worsen, then to melt away completely, and watch for the first noses of the bulbs planted 6 years ago to start poking up, and that wet spot to appear at the far end of the yard again, then dry up and fill with green again.
In the meantime, I have my knitting, my new indoor garden, and lovely cups of tea, and a new set of birdfeeders just outside the new window, and forays out to swim.
And my writing. I've fallen back in love with it again. I'm sure there will still be days of wrestling it to the mat, but for now, I'm having a terrific time exploring all the quirks of the folks who will populate the story.
My only commitment is to present myself in front of the page, and write, no matter how long or short a time, every day.
So far, so good.

1 comment:

Mokihana said...

The photo is lovely!! I'm so glad you posted it.