Monday, February 26, 2007

My Life As a Child

I've always been the kind of aunt that gives noisy toys to the nieces and nephs.
Years ago I taught English as a second language to kids (and others), in Japan. Although tiring, it was a blast.

I enjoyed my time spent with kids but feel fairly disconnected from them at this point in time.

Without being able to be certain of my level of health at any given time, I have avoided becoming involved with anything that requires a firm commitment of time and place. I would love to be able to drop in and read stories at the library once in a while, but would feel horrible if I promised to be there and couldn't make it.

I've started watching a new show on TLC called

My Life As a Child”.

TLC gave video cameras to 20 different children. Over a four-month period, the kids filmed their lives. Of course its not the same as hanging with kids myself, but I am really enjoying the program.

Maybe I'll try my hand at writing for kids, too.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.