Friday, December 01, 2006

Friends of Pine Ridge and Happiness Knot Work

Here's an image of my first complicated cable pattern, taken from "Viking Patterns to Knit" by Lavold. I am still finishing the scarf/shawl.. Its made of Big Kuryon, and intended to be sent to the Friend's of Pine Ridge Reservation as a Christmas Gift for an Elder

Friends of Pine Ridge is one of my favorite places to give. They have all sorts of drives throughout the year, and it feels good that something I no longer have room or use for is going to someone who will really value it. Here's a list of their current drives with links (which can also be found on the home page.)
In addition to the drives below, they always welcome quilting and sewing supplies for the Kateri Circle Sewing Group and the new Red Shirt School Sewing Circle. I will be sending some stuff their way this month or next, as I clear some of my quilting supplies. I no longer use them much, so I am ecstatic that someone can make good use of them.

Christmas Gift Wrapping Supplies for the Cangleska Battered Women's Shelter

Books for a Reservation Elementary School - Little Wound School

Books for a Reservation Elementary School - Our Lady of Lourdes School

Books for a Reservation Elementary School - Red Shirt School

Books for a Reservation High School - Little Wound School

Books for a Reservation High School- Red Cloud High School

Books for a Reservation K-12 School - Crazy Horse School

Books for Head Start

Books for Oglala Lakota College Library

Books for Partnership for Housing

Books for the Kiyuksa O'Tipi Reintegration Center

Books for the Oyate Teca Project

Books for the Re-Member Beds Project

Christmas Gifts for Children

Christmas Gifts for Elders

FoPRR Beds Project

Magazine Subscriptions for Oglala Lakota College Library

Magazine Subscriptions for the Kiyuksa O'Tipi Reintegration Center

Music CDs for the Oglala Lakota College Library

Propane Project

School Supplies for American Horse School

School Supplies for Little Wound Elementary School

School Supplies for Oglala Lakota College

School Supplies for Our Lady of Lourdes School

School Supplies for Red Shirt School

School Supplies for the Children at the Cangleska Battered Women's Shelter

School Supplies for the Oyate Teca Project Youth Center

Support the Oglala Lakota College

Winter Blankets for Children, Elders and Families

2 comments:

Ysabeau said...

I'm also sending stuff to PRR as often as I can, was it you who told me about them? Anyhow, I think it's a great way to "give back" something, and make a difference to someone. Hugs! Ysabeau
the cable looks amazingly complicated!!!

Lynx said...

OMG!!! The cable is GORGEOUS! (of course)... sigh, can you send me the pattern???? Whether I ever actually make it, I don't know, but I sure want to try!
LOVE your work! And the links, hey now I have someplace else to send my books to besides the local thrift shop... but they aren't getting my quilting stuff, I am still using it. (hint hint, fabric stashes always appreciated...LOL)