Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Best Laid Plans...

I was up very early this morning, so I decided to take advantage of the (hopefully) early hour non-traffic and go for a swim at the rec center. Well, traffic is nae so light in Ann Arbor at 6 a.m. About the same as at 3 p.m... and the Rec center had NO handicapped Van Accessible parking spaces left. I dearly hope they HAVE van-accessible spaces but I didn't see any (but it was still dark and I was paying attention to steering). There was a wider than usual space, but If I had used my ramp it would have scraped the shiny paint on the silver Lexus parked next door.

Its just as well, by the time I would have parked and swam and dressed and got ready to drive again, I would have been into the morning rush hour traffic.

So, I may as well go for the open swim at in the afternoon, when most people are at work, leaving the pool to retirees and me. Here's hoping they have van accessible parking. Since they brag about their 4-lane wheelchair-accessible pool, one would hope they do, but who knows with Ann Arbor.
It's the same city that allowed Whole Foods to have fewer than normal parking spaces when they moved and only 4 or 5 of those are handicapped. We gave up going the third time we had to park 3 rows away from the door.
So, a disappointing first solo journey, but at least I tried.

1 comment:

Diana Troldahl said...

Thanks KnittyOtter! I love your name :-}