Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Novel Writing

As many of you know, I write (duh.. bloggie be a hint, eh?).
I've decided once again to join NaNoWriMo this year. (the server has been busy today with folks signing up for tomorrow, keep trying!)
NaNoWriMo stands for:
NAtional
NOvel
WRIting
MOnth
or, November.
I signed up last year and didn't make much progress. I had a friend who signed up, and TRIPLED the amount of words needed.
I feel more prepared this year, and will use it for free-association or journal writing or for jotting down and expanding a few ideas rather than a novel per se. By the end of the month or (fingers crossed) the middle of the month I hope to be working on a specific novel, but I want to kind of sneak up on it :-}
I have a strong tendency to edit while I write. This stops me in my tracks when I feel the need to make a decision on which direction the plot will twist.
I am Libra with Libra rising, and, as advertised, it takes a very long time for me to choose among possibilities if I let myself wallow in the choices as I want to. Heck, it used to take me 15-20 minutes to decide on which pair of socks to wear, before I narrowed the choices to two, and wore one of each pair. (Yes, I was an odd child, but happy)

1 comment:

Lynx said...

I officially volunteer to proofread! (The things I'll do for first chance at your book!!!)This is great, Rett has one coming out in March and now you are back to work. Yippee!! Reading for me!!