Monday, July 17, 2006

Wonderful Gift

Someone just gave me a gift today. She asked if I'd heard of the 'Spoon Theory'.
My mind ranged ideas from cooking to healthy eating to some weird method of explaining the cosmos, but when I looked it up online, I found something that touched me, and made me feel less alone. I've pasted a quote below, but I urge you to read the entire story here at But You Don't Look Sick
Finding the website is another gift. I'm hoping to find coping tools :-}

Its hard, the hardest thing I ever had to learn is to slow down, and not do everything. I fight this to this day. I hate feeling left out, having to choose to stay home, or to not get things done that I want to. ... When other people can simply do things, I have to attack it and make a plan like I am strategizing a war. It is in that lifestyle, the difference between being sick and healthy. It is the beautiful ability to not think and just do. I miss that freedom. I miss never having to count "spoons".


1 comment:

Ysabeau said...

I am so glad you got what I hoped you would, out of the Spoon Theory. I think it's a really helpful idea, and helps with keeping balance under stresses. Hugs, Ysabeau