Monday, June 05, 2006

Kitty Donohoe's 'Come On Girls'

I'm listening to a song that's fast become a favorite. Its a feminine answer to those Celtic songs about rambling rovers, and men looking back on their lives. It talks about living life in the moment, and how maturity is a pretty darn good place to be. Its the first track on The Yellow Room Gang Vol. 1. The Yellow Room Gang

Although I love the entire song, I won't post the entire set of lyrics. Here are some excerpts most meaningful to me, hopefully it will encourage you to give Kitty a listen:
Chorus:
"Come on Girls lets go to town before the party's over. The days are growing shorter, the leaves are coming down. Nothing can compare with the sweetness of October. Come on girls, lets up and go to town. "

and
"Standing in the stony road of all our disappointments, we see the chances that we lost, love we've turned away. Since we cannot change it, there is no point in grieving. The past is on the bonfire now, let it burn away."

and also
"There is a moon above the trees, ragged clouds around it; a wind that speaks of holy things that deep within us lay. Drink the wine before its gone, be closer to the music. Our hearts will get brighter as we sing the dark away."

Here's Kitty's Website, with some samples of other of her songs, and her fantastic cds: Kitty Donohoe

3 comments:

Ysabeau said...

This music sound like fun! I'll give it a listen later, when things settle down around here. BTW, did you get my email about exchanges? Just checking. Let's have a little Summertime Party of creativity, and play our music nice and loud! B*B, Ysabeau

Anonymous said...

This photo grabbed me. You convey an amazing sense of a treasured world. I like the world you share with me through your images.

Diana Troldahl said...

Thank you for the encouragement. You 'get' what was in my heart when I took the photo :-}