Saturday, November 24, 2012

Start of a New Schedule




Beginning Monday, Oscar will have a new work schedule lasting (at least) until mid-March.
He will work 4 days a week, 12 hours a day (including travel time).
He will also work from home on Fridays, preparing for the upcoming week.
He will be teaching a series of computer classes in Troy, which is almost an hour's drive away. The good news is he won't need to leave the house until after 10 a.m., missing the worst of the Detroit area traffic.
I confess it will be a relief to have a regular schedule again. Up to this point, his hours swung between 8-5 and noon-9:00 every week, leaving us feeling like we never quite caught up on sleep. (Unless I am ill, it is impossible for me to sleep through Oscar getting up, even though he can be very, very quiet.)
I usually get up earlier than Oscar. Even more odd, I often wake at 5 a.m., write a review or two then go back to bed for an hour or so (no matter what time I go to bed the night before). This new schedule is perfect for that, too. :-}
The best part about all of this isn't the schedule, though, it's that Oscar will be doing what he was born to do. Teach. I am happy for him, proud of him and delighted that his dreams are coming true.
There isn't a smiley ascii big enough!

3 comments:

Kym said...

It's so wonderful to see Oscar enjoy such success! (Although I'm thinking he probably doesn't get to wear the spikes for work???) It's been such a delight to watch your story unfold this year, Diana.

Don Meyer said...

Marvelous! Absolutely nothing like a regular schedule for a healthy lifestyle. I recognize Oscar, but who's the guy with the funny looking hair?

ColorJoy LynnH said...

Love that man at least as much as you. I, too, am happy that he will be doing the work he was meant to do. I taught tech for 6+ years and know he'll love it.