Thursday, November 22, 2012

Gratitude




So much to be thankful for this year in our family.
Oscar's new job, which he loves
Our new accessible home which makes my life so much better, and Oscar's life better too since I can help more with housework now.
Winning my social security case after ten years and three failed attempts.
Oscar's mom recovering from needing two major emergency surgeries within 24 hours of each other, just last month
My folks finding a house that can be made accessible for my dad (his mobility is compromised from a stroke he had several years ago)
Enough to do to keep me busy mentally between Freshfiction sending me books to review and my own exploration of crafting and art (I am up to 294 reviews as of this week!)
So many more wonderful things in our lives. Even on the worst days (and we all have some bad days now and then) I find it easier these days to seek out something for which I am glad.

I came across a quote that hits home:

“When you arise in the morning, give thanks for the morning light, for your life and strength. Give thanks for your food and the joy of living. If you see no reason for giving thanks, the fault lies in yourself.” -Tecumseh, Shawnee leader

May you all find gratitude year round. My own hard-won philosophy is this: If you can find small moments of joy in the everyday, it helps tremendously in dealing with the rough stuff as it comes along.

I wish all of you those small moments of joy.



1 comment:

Don Meyer said...

My own small moment of joy is sitting on my leg, preening.