Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Hat Parade

I spent some time this summer knitting hats. When my mind was not quite up to the task of writing or working on the logical side of designing, I fell back onto the pure pleasure of designing on the needle, and made hats. No pattern, no particular size, except to be big enough to fit someone.
I think a few of these turned out to be proto patterns that may end up published later on.

As always, Oscar provided moral support and great modeling :-} The hats will either be sold on Etsy to bring in some much needed funds, or failing any interest there, will be donated to charity. Do you think $20 would be too much for the more complex ones?












5 comments:

Don Meyer said...

Wow! Those are beautiful! I like the one you're wearing (I assume that's you), or maybe it's just the rakish tilt of the hat. Oscar looks good in most any hat.

Anonymous said...

First of all, could Oscar be any cuter?!?!?!? Also, you can definitely charge $20 for those hats. (Look at some of the prices that Tot Toppers charges, for example!) My favorite is the orange one, fourth from the bottom.

Anonymous said...

Hey, I clicked to your blog from "fresh fiction." Incredible knitting! Anyways, I *just* read a review you wrote over a year ago for one of my novels and wanted to thank you. You were *much* kinder than you needed to be, or what it deserved, yet were still honest. Well written review too. A few months after self-publishing it, I published it again with less typos, but it's still probably not much improved, and the whole thing's a mess, and I'm embarassed about it now. haha.. It was "Myth of Valcia." But, I just saw that, and wanted to say thanks!

AlisonH said...

Twenty to start for the simpler ones, I'd say. You guys look great in those!

Kym said...

Adorable! Oscar looks GREAT in orange!