Wednesday, May 04, 2011

Knitcircus Magazine Summer 2011 #14

I just got my Summer issue of Knitcircus Magazine and there are several very neat patterns in the issue, but the shawls in particular caught my attention. (BTW, that link is to the main magazine site which has 119 pages of fantastic FREE articles and some free patterns as well. I look forward to delving into the interview with Keiran Foley as soon as I post this.)
The first is Fanette (pg 66-670) a sweet little shawlette that looks like the perfect knit. Not too hard but with plenty of interest to make the knitting a joy. It also looks like it would be a great pattern for hand-painted yarn, and uses just one 437-yard skein of fingering weight.
Then there is Keiran Foley's Mughal, (pgs 64-650 which uses two colors of Madelinetosh and a leafy lace pattern to create a long luscious rectangular stole inspired by Mughal paintings
If that weren't enough, there is also a shawl from another of my favorite designers, Susanna IC where she uses her skills to recreate the shape of and orchid in her Orchidea. (pg 50-51).
This issue also has patterns for summer tops, socks, bags, pillows etc. I swear Jaala (the editor) manages to cram more goodness in every time.
This issue also features a video aimed and children who knit all about the purl stitch, An article by Wendy Johnson on knitting at full speed and more.


No comments: