Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Sadness

There has been much sadness for me this week. Most personally, we lost Faye. Despite my sense that it was a peaceful release for her I mourn her loss and it brings back the sadness of losing two of her daughters, my heart sisters. Her memorial will be on Sunday and if at all possible health-wise I will be there.

Japan has also been a source of sorrow, I know I am not alone in that. Part of the deep affect it is having on me is that I lived there for two and a half years, and knew many people through my job as a teacher. Their faces are before me now when I close my eyes, and I hope desperately that they are well.

Somehow these sorrows have become entwined.I know the sharpness of grief will pass, but for now I am in mourning.I hope as it eases I can discover a way to help. I can attest to the benefit of the Japanese Red Cross, and hope to somehow provide donations there. (They came to my aid when my house in Japan was destroyed via arson, but that is another story).

5 comments:

Min said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Faye.

*hugs*

Anonymous said...

Sooooo sorry.

Anonymous said...

I am so very sorry. We know birth and death are a part of life, but that does not help when we are touched by the reality of it.
I am planning to call Lillian in MI as she and her daughters visited family in Japan this past summer. Sad, sad, sad doesn't even begin to discribe what has happened over there.
My thoughts are with you.

AlisonH said...

Hold your dear ones close for me.

Kym said...

Thinking of you, dear Diana. I hope you find peace. . . and a way out of the dark spaces . . . soon. (((((HUGS))))) to you.