Saturday, November 21, 2009

Why we need color

Oscar and I went out and about in the neighborhood this past Wednesday.
I took a few photos.
You will notice how deeply gray the day is. That is very common for our area after summer and before the snow comes. These were taken at 1 P.M. in the afternoon. Yeah, I know. See the automatic porch lights on in the background of the first picture? It's not my imagination, it gets DARK in the middle of the day this season.

Still, in our neighborhood at least, people make a few color decisions to help them stay cheerful, like a cow mailbox, and painting the house and garage a GORGEOUS combination of bluey greeny.

The first photo shows why we love our deciduous trees. Even on the grey dark day, it seems to glow.

4 comments:

Lynx said...

I love the garage, those are beautiful shades and I wouldn't have been able to pick between them either! LOL
the mailbox is adorable. wish I could do something special to mine, but apartments, blah blah....

AlisonH said...

Oh, that garage just makes me happy--kudos to whoever out there.

My neighbor has a monarch-butterfly-orange house, with a huge figure of a monarch attached to the front of it: hey, butterflies? Here! HERE!

Bridget said...

Hi Diana, and thank you so much for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment!

I love these pictures - they are the kind that make me feel like every neighborhood has character, and so often no one takes the time to notice ...

momtroll said...

How about that cow! In New Zealand and Australia, they do stuff like that in many areas. It is fun to see and enjoy. Thanks for sharing.