Friday, August 21, 2009

Image of Sound

I used my first computer in the mid 1970s. One single computer was sited at the Career center, perhaps the only student computer in the county, and I was fascinated from day one with what it could do. I don't remember specs, I've always had a more vivid memory for emotion than for details, but it had to be one of the first PCs out there. Years later, in the early 90's I traveled the globe on a gopher with Jughead and Veronica to visit Archie, winding up reading articles on archaeology at an Australian university from my room in Battle Creek, Michigan. Then I joined one of the early Intra-webs, the Great lakes Free Net, and moderated a group or two, and met some people who I still care about and communicate with now, years later.

I guess this is the long way round to say I love living in 'the computer age' .
Today a friend posted a link to a beautiful computer animation set to music, which led me to the artist's site. Esteban Diácono
He has several sites, each a different yet interconnecting facet of his 'computer face'. He's a motion graphic artist, among other things.
I am still exploring myself, but what I loved today was this:

let yourself feel. from Esteban Diácono on Vimeo.

2 comments:

Mokihana said...

I love it!! Love love love it!! Thanks for posting it!

ColorJoy LynnH said...

Just lovely. I've been fascinated about art being created with light, itself... and here is one way that can be done.

Thanks.

LynnH