Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Informative site

Go take a look at FLUSTAR.
Click on your state, then type in your zipcode, and you can find out how sick everyone around you is.
Sick physically, I mean :-}

I've used this site pretty often the past few years, particularly in Winter.
I have a wonky immune system (something to do with having a splenectomy while I was still a teen) and pretty much am the canary in the coal mine at our house, where colds and flu are concerned.
Forewarned is forearmed, however, and if I think to check the weekly stats on how many cases of what type of influenza have been reported locally, I can sometimes avert the worst of it.
This time, unfortunately, I didn't think to check, so I'm stuck with riding it out the long, hard way.
Today I am mostly tired, instead of sneezing and snuffling, though, so progress is being made.

No comments: