Saturday, December 13, 2008

Lovely Day

Just an ordinary day, but lovely.
One of Oscar's gifts this year was membership in "the mug club" at The Corner Brewery.
This means he has his own hand-crafted stein, with his name on it, and the chance to sample new batches of unusual brews and invitations to parties at the place. Neither of us are great drinkers, but I do enjoy small-batch beer and wine, as an adjunct to my interest in herbalism. Oscar has been interested in brewing his own beer for many many years, and recently joined a group involving being a 'beer ambassador'.

I also gave him a few cards games for us to play including Zombie Fluxx and Monty Python Fluxx (as well as one we haven't played yet, Grave Robbers From Outer Space.)
Note for Parents: They also have Eco Fluxx as well as more family centered versions of the Fluxx game, it really is a lot of fun)

Yesterday, Oscar and I took the short trip to the Corner Brewery just to get out of the house and have a 'date'.

We played our Fluxx card games, and had lunch, and relaxed. It is a very casual place, and people there recognized Oscar from the day he helped bottle some of their beer a month or so ago.
We enjoyed ourselves so much that we hope to go back a few Fridays a month.

1 comment:

Lutrah's Ocean Alter said...

Hey, thanks for the idea for the card games!
I have to get a set of these...
And I so widh we had someplace like your local Brewery, boy, I don't like beer that much, but it sounds lovely!
Several years ago, I gave one of my DD's a whole kit for beer making, and she was going to make Mead...
Never did...Oh well...