Friday, December 07, 2007

Blergh.. and the oddity of hospital tests

I'm deep in the throes of 'flu. It hinted it was coming on Wednesday night with a slightly snuffly nose (though that could have been the dust allergy thing) but on Tuesday I woke with full blown (har har) runny nose, watery eyes, aches, fever etc.

Yesterday was hard, as I had to lay very still (NO coughing or sneezing allowed) on a 4 inch wide metal chute while a camera thingy took images looking for where the irradiated white blood cells were congregating. My hands were strapped to my sides, and my toes rubber-banded together. Thank goodness I was clothed. If I had been naked I would NOT have been able to keep from giggling.

Today I've reached the "Eartha Kitt" stage (wasn't she hot as Catwoman?). I use these days to sing songs requiring husky sexy tones. Songs like "Whatever Lola wants, Lola gets, and little man, Lola wants you".
My Grandma Metzger's name was Lola, so it has a slightly bizarre feel to me, but I still like the song.

On a more serious note, my dear friend Lynx is going through an extremely difficult time right now. Any energies or prayers that everything is resolved quickly and for the very best for her and her family are welcomed. Lynx love, my heart is with you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Diana,
((((hugs)))) to you dear one! I'm so sorry about the tests. When I went through my battery of invasive tests this summer at Mayo, I couldn't have done it without all YOUR hugs and support!
-Marietta