Monday, January 15, 2007

our turn

I woke up to an ice-encased world this morning. I remember the first time it happened, back when I was a kid living in Branch County (Michigan). That day I was up for the sun rise, and it was glorious watching the colors of the sky picked up by everything for miles and miles, covered in crystal, my own aurora. After the sun was fully up, the crystal and white contrasted so sharply with the blue that it took my breath away. Being much sturdier on my pins I walked for miles that day.

Today its pretty much gray outside, no sun, no snow, just the ice and the brown-green land. I will go out long enough to put more seed down,. As you can see from the photos, the bird seed is encased too thickly for most of the birds to peck through. As I look out the window, I see a few dozen birds waiting right now, so I'll wind this up and start today's expedition.
P.S. I added a bit of sunshine of my own

No comments: